Dr. Manijeh Motaghy has a Doctorate in Organization Management Consulting and is Certified Mindfulness Facilitator by UCLA Department of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences. She teaches for the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, provides Mindfulness training, and Speaking engagements on leadership and mindfulness. She is the Founder of Mindful Business Institute and the Co-founder of Mindful Valley. She is the author of Leaders & Strategies in COMANDS™ Model. A model that shapes healthy wealthy organizations, successful strategies and compassionate leaders. Dr. Motaghy’s passion for enhancing organizational success through humane practices lead her to study and practice Mindfulness Meditation and developed Mindful Strategies and Mindful Employee, ME programs under the Umbrella of “The Mindful Organization”.
She has trained hundreds of individuals and provided training and consulting to numerous organizations such as Health Net, the giant insurance company, Child Development Institute, WeSpark Cancer Support Center, Motion Picture & Television Fund Hospital, academic settings such as Chapman University Fowler of Law, speaking engagements at CS University of Northridge and has lead over 50 retreats. Her creative and mindful approach increases the rate of learning and effective results. Her clients continue to provide rave reviews about her personal and professional expertise and values. Read sample testimonials
She is an expert trainer in Strengths Finder 2.0.
Dr. Motaghy was trained by experts such as:
- Diana Winston, Director of Mindfulness Education UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Marvin G. Belzer, Ph.D, Associate Director, UCLA Mindful Awaremess Research Center
- Dr. Robert Clark, Director of Leadership Development and Culture at the Boeing Company
- Dr. Karen Robinson, Senior Organizational Effectiveness at the Boeing Company
- Dr. Nancy Duresky, Professional Development at the Boeing Company
- Dr. Yolanda Nunn, Strategic Planning expert and the President of Philips Graduate Institute
- Mark Samuel, Founder of IMPAQ, Accountability Expert and author of 3 accountability books
Dr. Motaghy’s vision for a better world includes establishing an institute of learning that produces connective leaders & strategies in COMANDSTM and solutions that accomplish multiple visions. Thus, naming her consulting firm Unite in Vision, which later became Mindful Business Institute.
Her passion is to enhance the vision and capability of leaders who have the opportunity to impact many lives in the hope that she can expand success & well-being to every person in every corner of the world.
Dr. Motaghy’s Publications & Collaborative Work:
- Huffington Post: COMANDS: 7 Traits / Skills of Effective Leadership ,
- Software Quality Management see: Introduction
Manijeh has received numerous recognition and awards for:
- The prestigious Who is Who Among Students of American Universities and Colleges – 2006
- Recognition for mentoring underprivileged high school students
- Providing valuable services through two Rotary International Clubs, Westlake Village & Olympic
- Co-producing Most High, a film depicting the traps and devastation of addiction
- Two time President’s Award for literary excellence by The National Author’s Registry
She serves the community by serving on:
- President & Board of Directors – Phillips Graduate Institute Alumni & Friends Association
- President & Executive Director – Mindful Valley
Top Five Strengths: Learner, Activator, Maximizer, Connectedness, Strategic
Myer’s Brigs: ENFJ; Teacher / Mediator
Enneagram Type: 9 – The Peacemaker
Transferable skills: Creativity, Intuition, Helpfulness, Follow-Through, Leadership, Problem Solving, Teaching, Learning, Mindfulness, Synthesizing, Analytical
You may find her on LinkedIn
Born in Iran and raised and naturalized in the U.S…, Manijeh identifies herself as A Citizen of the World.